When the weather is chilly, and the winter is setting in, you love dressing in your best winter attire. However, as soon as the chill increases, the necessity to get covered with wool clothes and cold weather boots increases. Now, you don’t dress up to look smart, but to protect yourself from changing weather conditions. Once the weather becomes lousy and unbearable, your fashion statements go out of the window as well!
However, nowadays, people who want to look good and want to leave a fashion statement always, look forward to buying a variety of cold weather boots these days. Men or women, everyone has a variety of boots for the chilly weather that protects you and looks smart as well. Whether you are working or just going to a party, you have different styles of boots available on the market.
Types of Cold Weather Boots on the Market
Extreme cold weather boots
Also known as Antarctic boots, extreme weather boots are neither made up of leather or synthetic material. They are soft on the upper with thick rubber or synthetic soles. The thick insoles are removable and give tremendous heat to the feet. The thick soles prevent the snow and ice to get inside the shoes and make it wet. These shoes are great for keeping you warm and best suitable for low temperatures.
Best winter boots
When you are planning to buy best cold weather boots, you might have to do some research before settling on one. The best winter boots must have sufficient traction and be lightweight to suit every foot. It must have good fittings to keep you moving on the snow. Best weather boots must have insulated lining with temperature control insoles to keep you warm and dry.
Women’s Snow boots
Most women boots are created by keeping fashion in mind and thus misses out on the usability. In order to keep the fashion statement intact, sometimes they do not fulfill the main reason of boots. The women’s boots must be such that it is fashionable and warm as well. You cannot compromise with the quality just for the sake of fashion. Your boots have to be smart, trendy, warm and compatible to keep you warm in the snowy weather.
Men’s cold weather boots
Just like women, men also suffer for the sake of style. Just to match up the style statement, most men compromise with the quality of the product. In cold weather, buying cheap sole boots is the greatest mistake that any men can do. Today, the market is full of good quality boots that not only keeps you warm but also helps in maintaining your style. They are designed beautifully and give comforts to your feet in cold weather.
Cold weather work boots
The chilly winter is a great challenge for people who regularly go to work. The cold temperature, snow, and ice are a great risk for people who have to regular travel for work. Your work boots for cold weather must be waterproof, warm and durable on the same side. You cannot compromise with the make and material of the bots as they are the riskiest thing to compare. While on job site you have to continually deal with heavy metal and snow at the same time. Thus the shoes must be at least knee high, if not more and durable to keep you moving till the summer peep back.
Review on Best Cold Weather Boots 2018
Here is a list of some best cold weather boots that you may prefer while buying for yourself. The boots are trendy and manufactured to suit every style of the wearer.
Baffin men’s snow monster insulated boots are best suited for Polar Regions due to its durability and standability in the icy region. It is technically made lightweight to keep you moving on the snow. The ice paw pads improve the grip on ice and keep you warm all the while. The Baffin boots are specially manufactured to adhere every weather conditions. The insole is a set of several advanced thermo-layer polymers that gives you the right heat, grip, and protection from ice.
- it is made up of leather and textile
- extremely lightweight
- the sole is synthetic with multi-layers of thermo polymers
- shaft measures 11” from arch
- heel measure 1.5” to make it look trendy
- Made up of extremely lightweight materials to keep you moving on the snow.
- The thermo-layer polymers keep your feet extremely warm and do not allow snow to get inside.
- The boots are knee high with insulated inside that keeps you warm up to the knees.
- The laces around the circumference allow adjusting as per the user’s legs.
- The boots are manufactured with modern technology keeping the traditional performance intact.
- Available in two distinct colors; brown and black.
- Best shoes for temperature ranging -70C/ – 94C
- The boot is specifically only for men. Although women can also wear them due to the adjustable laces.
- You need to order one size bigger to get a perfect fit.
- The boot seems bulky to many due to the insulated soles.
The Sorel rugged boot is extremely ideal for those who work in worst weather conditions. Manufactured with the best waterproof material, the boot is constructed to keep you warm and dry in winters. It comes with multi-layered thermal protection that keeps you warm on your feet. It has an inbuilt barrel lock that keeps the shoe fitted while walking down the heavy snow.
- Heavy built rubber sole
- Built-in gaiter bootie with barrel locks inside to keep the shoes intact.
- Rugged cold weather boots made of waterproof materials.
- 400g Thinsulate ultra insulation
- Molded and comfortable footbed
- Best boots for people working in extremely cold weather conditions
- The removable EVA footed reduces weight and keeps you warm for long days in cold weather.
- The adjustable strap can be tightened according to the user’s fittings
- The barrel lock keeps the shoe intact and does not allow it to fall off while walking in deep snow.
- The boots are constructed from waterproof leather to keep your feet dry and warm.
- The rubber sole may crack at times and cannot be repaired with glue itself.
- The buyer must buy a size bigger to fit nicely in these insulated shoes.
The men’s Butte snow boot is crafted to handle the harshest climatic conditions. They are styled understated with cold-weather technology to keep you warm and dry while walking in the snow. One of the signature UGG boots, this pair is made of waterproof, soft suede and luxurious wool to keep you warm all through the winter.
It is built to last low temperatures up to -20C. The shoes have superior traction to walk on icy terrain.
- Made of cow leather with cow suede.
- Also includes some synthetic fabric lining
- The soles are synthetic
- Faux fur with 84%leather and 16% synthetic material
- Inner lining with pure luxurious wool
- Vibram outsole with lug thread.
- Manufactured and marketed by UGG
- Made by one of the ultra-modern boot manufacturers
- Fully waterproof to keep you dry while walking in the snow
- The insole comprises of event membrane that keeps your feet free from moisture
- The outsole is Vibram with a repeating lug pattern to provide traction while walking on the snow.
- Suitable for temperature as low as -20C
- The fittings are narrower on the front that may not be suitable for men with a wider foot.
- Suitable for men only
- The leather is stiff which does not loosen up so buyer must order a size bigger.
- The fur lining is not adequate to cover the shoes all over form the back.
The Bare Traps Women’s Satin Snow Boot is an exclusive water-resistance cold weather boot for women who crave for designer boots in winter. The boot is made up of soft and smooth fabric innings to give adequate softness and comfort to the women’s feet while walking on the snow. The boot is crafted stylishly with an inner zip to give traction while walking in the snow.
- Made up of both leather and fabric.
- Has a synthetic sole
- Knee-high shaft
- The insole is foam padded
- Has a flexible outsole
- The knee-high shaft measures cover half the legs from the cold weather.
- The fabric lining makes the boot comfortable enough to wear all through the day.
- Available in 4 distinctive colors to match all your clothing
- Foam padded insole gives softness to your feet.
- The synthetic sole increases the longevity on the boots
- Great traction and fittings with laces and inner zip
- The boots do not have an arch support
- If you are wearing thick socks, you must order a size bigger to fit in perfectly.
- They are little heavy and crafted as a hiking boot.
Made by the renowned boot manufacturers, UGG, the Adirondack boot II is a blend of fashion and performance. The manufacturers are itself renowned for their bar raising products that give adequate comfort and satisfies the current fashion trends as well. Packed with cold weather technology and vibrant material, these boots stand out in the crowd. The underpasses style is exclusive as well as vibrantly unique due to the materials used.
- Made of high-quality leather suede
- The shaft measures 7” form the arc
- The wider boot opening is measuring 12.5.”
- Made of waterproof leather with water-resistance suede
- Nylon laces
- Seam-sealed construction
- Waterproof leather keeps you warm and dry
- The breathable insole membrane is designed to regulate the temperature inside the boot and keep your feet warm.
- Traction enhancing Vibram to keep you moving in the deep snow
- Withstands temperature as low as -20C
- Suits people who keep looking for fashion style along with comfort
- The collar is made of pure luxurious wool throughout
- Wide from the front to adjust people with narrow and broad feet.
- You can carry the boot with a regular pair of socks since it is very thick inside.
- The nylon lacing makes it fairly adjustable.
- With a lot of ship skin inside, buyers may sometimes find it uncomfortable to hold the toe.
- In case you are trying to wear heavy socks, you must buy a size bigger
The Tambora winter boot by Lug’z is a combination of comfort, functionality, softness, and fashion. With plush faux fur lining, the boots are great t wear during the chilly winters. Styled by Lug’z footwear collection, the boots stand out from the crowd due to its brand name and durable construction.
- Made of 100% perma hide
- The outsole is purely crafted of rubber
- Shaft measures 9” from arch
- The boot opening is around 11.5
- Cushioned insole with rubber toe cap
- The rubber toes cap gives comfort to your feet and toes.
- Soft acrylic fur lining gives makes the boot comfortable to wear
- With wider boot opening it is suitable for both broader and narrower feet size
- Luxuriously cushioned footbed makes it comfortable to wear and carry whole day
- The rubber heel gives adequate traction to walk on the icy bed.
- Suitable to wear for work as well.
- The look is somewhat large and heavy for women’s feet.
- The tongue in the shoe is broad through which the snow can sip inside sometimes.
Cold weather boots are in general manufactured to help you walk on slippery ice and deep snow. Below are the characteristics that you must look for before buying the best boots;
- Multilayer insulation to keep you warm
- Wind resistance
- Sole traction
- Upper ankle height
- Broader front opening
- Toe Cap
- Leather exterior
- Inner insulation with wool or thermal padding to keep you warm
- Dark color from durability from dust and snow
- Less fabric lining as it is not water-resistant